At The First Tee of Greater Richmond we strive to not only make good golfers, but better people. Through the game of golf, our program aims to teach youth life skills that will make a lasting impact in their lives. With the help of our supporters, we will continue to reach more youth than ever before.
Here are 9 reasons why you should give to The First Tee of Greater Richmond in 2017:
1. We are more than a game. We teach life skills that last.
2. We are a local 501(c)3 nonprofit – your gift is 100% tax deductible.
3. Our character education and life skills program help young people prepare for success in high school, college, and life.
4. We collaborate with 127 local elementary schools and 30 youth-serving organizations to deliver programs to Richmond area youth.
5. Our volunteers and coaches are trained in delivering The First Tee curriculum.
6. We provide program scholarships! The organization has spent over $1 million to provide programs for scholarship participants over the past seven years.
7. We are committed to The First Tee Code of Conduct: Respect for Myself, Respect for Others, Respect for My Surroundings.
8. We train our coaches to be mentors – both in golf and in life.
9. We cannot do it without you.